Saturday, November 29, 2008

Blogs from the Broadcast Booth - Les Stoodley

I'm gunning to be the Man of Movember - it's the Wildcats fundraiser in support of prostate cancer research. All the male members of the team, players, coaches, support staff, administration have been involved in growing a mustache this month. It's a great idea and one I totally support. Team Captain Matt Eagles brought the idea to the Wildcats, now Mr. Eagles thinks he's going to get the nod as the winner and earn the title of "Man of Movember. Matt's a great hockey player, he's leading the team in scoring, he shows great leadership skills, he's a very intelligent young man but he is not a mustache grower - I am. That's a bold statement but one that I can back up. Just check out my picture at the Coliseum, you'll see a first class piece of growth under my nose.

Matt went on his blog to ask for your support, $1.00 for every vote. Well if the Captain can do it, the senior member of the team can go one better. I want all of you to support me at Sunday's game, help me raise $200.00 and you can watch as I shave my mustache at the Post Game show.

This appeal is directed at all Wildcats fans over 50, let's show these young guns, support me and give me the title. You can be sure we'll never let the Captain forget it.

I'll look for your vote and your dollar. Catch my conversation with Matt during the second intermission of Sunday's game. The Wildcats can beat the Rocket and the "older" play-by-play guy can beat the Cats with the team's best mustache. Vote Les - he needs more of your support.

No comments: